Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Ellie Mae

Im sharing a project! 

Here is the before...


This bad boy literally came from a side of the road sale, sorta...
You see on Saturdays my brother is out and about working early and I am sleeping late, drinking coffee and probably watching The Pioneer Woman.
So if he sees a sale and thinks there is something that I will want he immediately calls me, drives away and then waits for me to call him and BEG him to come back, load something up in his truck and then he lets me beg to borrow cash because I NEVER have cash! 
He is a good brother :) 
He has found me an AMAZING bench, a mirror that literally probably cost $500 that I got for $20 and now this hutch. 

So let me tell you about this hutch! 
There was a huge sign taped to a truck that said "Moving Sale" but the catch was there was no house where this sign was it was an old tattoo parlor? 
I was for sure intrigued. 
I walked up there and there was tons of stuff outside and I told myself that I was not going inside that building! 
Well I went in....
There was no power  in there but there sat my hutch! 
I bought it, Ryan came back and loaded it up and home it came.
This bad boy smelled so bad. 
I was literally gagging taking off the hardware but a little vinegar, basking soda, dawn and sunshine we were golden! 

So here we go...
Here is the finished project (its not decorated yet just painted)....


I loved the color of these handles from Lowes.
They are simple but pretty. 





The coloring is not great in this picture ( I took them at night).
 I painted it with The Southern Honey paint - Ellie Mae Color. 
I love love love this paint. 

Here is the colors that she sells...

I am super happy with how this piece turned out and it looks like it was made for my kitchen!!! 

* Let me know if you want to try her paint! Maybe I can talk Kim into doing a Beth's Blog Discount! 

4 comments:

emily said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love The Southern Honey and I love this piece!

Jackie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful! You did such a great job!

Jackie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful! You did such a great job. I love it!

The Ramblings of a Thirtysomething Wife said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Looks awesome! I think you need to post recent pics of your house so we can see everything you've done. I know we've seen bits and pieces, but we need to see the stage you are at now with it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...